Blog 2


Synesthesia affects the speaker's day to day life and gives him a better understanding of the world and its complexities. His daily life is composed of incredible visual representations of language. I feel that I could use some facts from his speech and incorporate how certain words or numbers could be visually represented in assignment 1. Maybe I could write a sentence and then engrave each word as a small logo or photo on the film strip. Only I would understand it and that would make the strip very personal. I feel like emotional words could translate to different splashes of color. For example, sadness could be a dark and wavy blue and the word excited could be sharp pops of red and yellow. the speaker also mentions certain numbers being different sized squares and shapes. That gave me an idea of possibly using a numbered formula for my animation section I am supposed to do on the film strip. The speaker offers a fantastic perception on life; stating that the world is vaster and richer than it seems to be. This is inspiring to other people because it makes us think anything is truly possible in the world. Words can have colors and emotions. Humans are very visual people and I feel people with synesthesia have an accidental and advanced ring system that makes them experience other worldy things. After watching this video I felt even more of an appreciation for my surroundings and nature. It is wonderful already, but I look at things a little differently now.

Comments

Popular Posts